Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Facebook Friends: A.J. - Ace

Drawings of my facebook friends in alphabetical order. Quick and dirty. Just like them. Feel free to make yours your profile picture once I get to you.

A.J. 
Oh, A.J. or The Ettiquator as she is know to us at DCS. A.J. is a lover of kitties, comics, manners, farmers markets, order and Ben. She is the owner/operator of Star Clipper Comics. She works out while she works. As in, walks on a treadmill while on her computer. I KNOW!!! She had a special desk made and everything! By nature, she should not be able to tolerate me what-so-ever. But, she does. And not just tolerates me, she genuinely likes me!  Her patience with my total disregard for all societal rules of etiquette should land her a spot in the sainthood. Sigh. I miss her. 

Aafke
Listen up American people. Over on the other side of the ocean there are all these people who hop around from culture to culture making themselves right at home where ever they are.  And, okay, okay, so Aafke the Dutch actually moved to Madrid when she was a kid so it was a bit easier for her to adapt. But still, girlfriend speaks, like, 3 languages FLUENTLY. When I was in Spain for 5 weeks it was Aafke who acclimated us (even as I whined the whole time). She showed us the insiders Madrid and put up with us for the touristy crap (kinda like taking people to the arch, I guess). She was my touchstone and the first thing I'm going to do when I get back there is call her up and buy her a beer and a chicken.


Aaron
When I was in high school there was this gang of guys that were, in my opinion, the coolest, funniest, mischeviousest and laziest I knew. You know, the guys that spent most of their time smoking weed and playing hacky sack. Aaron was one them. I so desperately wanted them to think I was smart and funny and cool, but I think they mostly paid attention to me because I had big boobs. 


Abby
Abby I also went to high school with. She is without a doubt one of the warmest people I've ever met. A great girl with a great smile. She's just the way a girl ought to be. Sweet as sugar but able to dispense a verbal ass-whooping when she needs to.  


 Ace
or Jason as I knew him at Fort Zumwalt North. One of the 20 unwhite people in my school. He brought some flavor to our white-bread world. He also escourted me when I won Coronation Queen which made him King by default. And for that, I say, YOUR WELCOME!

4 comments:

  1. cool idea jenny! Can't wait til you get to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao! thank u Jenny! for makin me King... that pic dope too... preciate it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! Love the portrait!!! Call me if you are ever in Spain again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright - I just want to FYI you that I love your blog so that I don't feel like a stalker when I am on here reading through things and looking at your artwork. I also have been dying to tell you that I LOVE the pet peeves collection you did and think you should add one of people with stinky coffee breath because they drink it all day....I had so many of your same pet peeves that I was thinking maybe this was one of yours too.....Anyhow...I think you are an amazing artist, and like browsing your work a lot, because usually it makes me laugh. I mean that in a good way...you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete