Friday, August 5, 2011

Too-Much-Coffee-Confessional: A Weird Phenomenon


Drawing these pictures of you all is pretty easy if you have a good picture up. I'm getting better at it and I apologize to those of you who have names that start with "A." You were my experimental group.

Writing the little blurbs is HARD, but it's my favorite part about this whole project. If you're in an upcoming post I'm thinking about you all the time. In the car, in the shower, staring at the computer screen. It takes a lot of thought processing to figure out just what I want to say.

Some people I know so well that trying to condense what I think about them in a paragraph or two seems impossible. Others, I haven't seen in ten years and remembering them takes a lot of sorting through all the countless memories I've collected since they were in my life. And still others are just people I've met in passing and all I have to say is superficial. I don't really know who they are at all, but I have to say SOMETHING.

All of those people-writing scenarios make sense. I get them. But there's this one phenomenon that keeps occurring and I wanted to share:

Every other post or so, someone pops up that I've never really gotten to know. It might be someone that I've met once or that I've met a thousand times and never had more than casual conversation with, but when I sit down to write about them all this stuff pours out. I have no real reason to have the sense of them that I do. Maybe that sense is wrong, but it's effortless. It just comes out. Maybe the people that do know them read it and think, "Uhhhh, that's not them at all." But, whatevs. Some people just leave an unintentional impression on me and that's what I write.

Just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment