Friday, August 5, 2011

Facebook Friends: Ernst - Georgia

Ernst Ben Ratsputten
Ben is my friend's Rat. Ben is a girl. She loves cheese, toilet paper rolls and watching the Secret of Nimh. Since I have about 300 more of these to do, I'll just let Michael Jackson do the rest of the talking for me.



Feliciano Mora
The Artisian Rogue. Mario is wonderful. His quiet, introspective and gentle spirit always had a beneficial calming effect amongst a class full of show-offs, loud-mouths, and naked people. He is a passionate and dedicated person. If he loves something, that passion and dedication gets applied to it, and believe me, it's a long list.

He loves comics. Making them and reading them. I wish I had a thimble full of the artistic passion that Mario has. Just a thimble!! Be sure spend a few hours on his site. He'll passionately love you for it!



George Anagnos
So, I don't date. It's the worst thing in the world to me. Okay–I'm exaggerating, there's plenty of things in the world FAR worse, but I REALLY dislike it. Anyone who can appreciate my crippling fear of awkward silences will understand, and what is a first date if not one long awkward silence with a high-five and a sigh of relief at the end. Can't we just skip to the good stuff?

About once a year, I give in and go on a date. A few years back, George was one of the lucky few, and I have to say, we had a GREAT time! All thanks to George. He took charge. He had a plan. He ran that show. He didn't leave me to do all the talking. No room for awkward silence. Not a single "Well, I don't know, what do you want to do?" All that he required of me was my company which is exactly how I think a first date should be. And while there weren't any romantic sparks between the two of us, it's men like George that keep me going on this quest for love and remind me that not every first date will be like Chinese water torture.

Aside from his dating expertise, he's funny, outgoing, kind, thoughtful and has an entrepreneurial spirit with the karate (or some form of asian fighting) skills to kill an attacking rabid tiger.



Georgia Damalas Snodgrass
Georgia and I had a good thing going. I miss her. A lot. We were both pretty new Christians when we met. She's was something of a wise older sister to me. Wherever I was going in my life, she'd already been there and she'd tell me all about it. It's important to have people in your life who already know what you're about to learn.

Not only that, but she's funny, determined, and warm as a freshly toasted Pop Tart with the most beautiful perfectly and ever-so-slightly crooked smile I've ever seen. I really admire her.

Oh, and Georgia, if you're reading this, here is that song for your baby girl I was telling you about that you probably never looked up because you didn't know how awesome it is. You're welcome!



Greg Franklin
Artist. Musician. Designer. Writer. Critic. DJ. Dancer. Hat Wearer. Beard Grower. Cat lover. All around terrific human being. Greg Franklin is the best friend I never had.

He's in Seattle, I'm in St. Louis and we met in Kansas City. Once. Years ago. We took an instant liking to one another and became fast facebook friends. We have a lot in common, but I get the sense that he's sort of the male version of myself. You know, outgoing, creative, warm, and a lover of the people. And like me, he is world famous-ish for his sweet dance moves–the difference being that he actually has rhythm. The laughter and cheering from the surrounding circle is WITH him as opposed to AT him.

Greg has both a powerful and gentle presence. He's light and deep. He's vivacious and dark. He's well put together in that accidental sort of way. I always feel like I'm a walking set of contradictions and I get that vibe from Greg, too. But then again, I barely know him. I guess I can smell my own kind. I'm happy to see that Greg has met his match and is on his way to the alter with a beautiful girl that looks like a rainbow.

If you have a few hours, you should spend some time looking into all the pots that Greg has his hand in here.

Time to update, Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment