Thursday, August 11, 2011

Facebook Friends: Heather - Hollie

Harmony Hamill
I met the beautiful, talented, sensitive and obnoxiously driven Harmony Hamill in Orlando when we were both students at the Joe Blasco school of make-up. She was fresh out of high school and knew exactly what she wanted to do. I was fresh out of college with an illustration degree and had no idea what I wanted to do, but I knew it had nothing to do with a 9-5 kind of job. Harmony was definitely the most passionate about make-up in our class. I, as always, was always more interested in making giant bloody tampons out of latex and making the guys look like drag queens than in developing my talents.

While in Orlando I had a conversation that irreversibly changed my life. That conversation was with Harmony (Stef was there too.) When I went to Orlando I was not a Christian. I thought Christians were all closed and simple minded. I thought it was so arrogant for any religion to think that they KNOW. I mean, who can KNOW something like that? But, all it took was this one conversation. I asked her about a bumper sticker on her car with every intention of giving her a hard time about it. She told me what it meant. A half hour later, it suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightening. It made sense. It was real. And I KNEW it. I wasn't looking for it, nor did I want it, but I couldn't deny it. I went to my car and just sobbed. Oh no. I was now a Christian....whatever that meant.

Quite honestly, I'm still figuring out what it means to be a Christian and will be until the day I die. It's hard and it takes a lot of work and a lot of wrestling, but it's the most important thing that has ever or will ever happen to me.

And to think, it all started with Harmony and her stupid bumper sticker.



Heather Bair
Heather Bair is such a good friend to those who are lucky enough to call her one. She's always so positive and every time I see her I know that we are genuinely happy to see one another. She's one of those people that really focuses on finding out about YOU. Supportive-like. Truth be told, Heather is actually the girl that inspired the last paragraph of my Too Much Coffee Confessional



Heather Biondo Smith
Heather is funny, boisterous, opinionated and just fun to be around in general. She loves hanging with her kiddos and organizing trivia nights.


Heather Hollingsworth
Heather (Bishop) was our classes official Biggest Flirt. How could that title go to anyone else? She's bright, adventurous, spunky, friendly, gorgeous, full of energy and always smiling. She's a natural at being the center of attention which is where she belongs.


Hollie Harris Caupp
Hollie always reminded me of Jessie Spano from Saved by the Bell. Not in the aggressive, eco-femenist, bathroom pop star kind of way, but in the ultra smart, driven, hard-working, uber-involved sort of way. She had big plans for success and she knew what needed to be done to get there. And by golly, she did it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment