Monday, January 10, 2011

Facebook Friends: Christian - Christy

Christian Mendoza
I don't remember a ton about Christian from High School other than that beaming white smile he was always wearing. The same one that I can sort of pull off when I have a wicked summer tan and a box of crest white strips.

Christie Jordan Filla
Oh, Mrs. Filla. A beacon of wisdom, respect and faith. Christie (uh, Mrs. Filla) isn't one of those mom's who threatens to throw your stuff out on the lawn if you don't clean your room, SHE DOES IT! A woman of her word. People like me need people like her in my life and luckily she passed down those dependable traits to my beloved BFF, Katie. Practical, organized, caring and so analytical it makes my head hurt. Oh, and did I mention freakishly patient? All those traits she has had for all of the 16 years that I've known her. But one adjective that I would bestow upon her today that I wouldn't have when I was a teenager, is WARM. Not that she was ever cold, but she definitely has a glow about her that wasn't always there. Now it's the first thing I notice.

Chrissy Stone
In the sitcom of my college years, Chrissy Stone is the fiercely witty hippie with expensive taste and ever-changing hair color. Every time I accidentally wander into a head shop or catch a whiff of patchouli, I think of sassy and slightly aloof Chrissy Stone.

Christine Ellington Yount
I work with Chris. She's a fundraising machine and St. Louis Cardinal fanatic. Clearly we have nothing in common other than our likeableness. I like working with Chris. She always leaves me plenty of room to be creative.

Christy Jacoby
So, this is an odd case. I don't know Christy Jacoby, but after my art show at the foundry last May, I got a friend request and a glowing email from her husband - through her profile - telling me how much he liked my work. So, basically, Christy Jacoby's husband sent me my first (and only) piece of fan mail from someone I don't know. I go back and read it when I feel sucky.

2 comments:

  1. Uncanny! Jenny, this is Jim Jacoby...still a huge fan. Christy just showed me your Christian to Christy post and it is wonderful. Get this...your final image of "Christy" looks just like my wife - JUST LIKE HER! Keep in touch. We are beginning to redecorate our house and would like to own a piece of your art. Best wishes for 2011!
    Jim and Christy Jacoby

    ReplyDelete