Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Facebook Friends: Casey - Chris

Casey Tegeler
Here's what I remember about Casey from school: long hair, long legs, big brains, cheery warm smile that was always on, and a great genuine laugh that went with her smiley eyes. And she was also super nice, unless she was in the pool. Then look out! (Not really.She was nice even then.)


Chad Frazer
Chad has a HUGE heart. One of the kindest and gentlest spirits I know. Kind people with huge hearts and gentle spirits are not immune to making bad decisions with irreversible consequences - that absolutely does not change who he is to me and what he's meant to me. This guy has the potential to do a lot of good in the world. He will always be my friend and I look forward to seeing the man he will become.


Chris Allen
Little Boss. The Ruiner. Dream Killer. Chris. Call him what you will. This guy isn't just my art director at the good ol' Saint Louis Science Center, he's my pal. We all sit in one big room with no partitions. Some people might like their privacy. Not us! We get to know each other pretty well and could probably write pages on each others likes, dislikes and quirks. I'll try to reign myself in when it comes to my co-workers. You can always read more at my now defunct DCS Daily Blog.

Just a Few of Chris's Top Talents:
Clean line design, making muted color palates, delegating, reminding me of what I'm supposed to be doing, slow-talking, giving kudos (and when he does, you know he means it), running meetings, complaining, guilting me with invisible guilt lasers that shoot out of his eyes, intimidating people with silence, making folks laugh, totally pulling off the two-earring look, telling Rhonna and Iris stories, making birthday cards, Christopher Walken impressions, giving people nicknames based on their physical flaws, opening his paycheck with three taps and a blow, putting up with my endless nonsense and messes, online zombie killing, giving me a hard time, sticking up for me when other people give me a hard time, and last but not least, decipherin' his wife's half-made-up grocery lists

As you can see from my little list, Chris is a pretty talented guy.


Chris Almond Smaglis
Chris is a transplant to St. Louie from down south. Don't you just LOVE a good southern accent accomponied by a hearty, beaming, genuine laugh? I sure do. When I met Chris, I liked her immediately. And I haven't seen her since.

Chris Bertel
I'm around Chris and his family so much that he christened me Cousin Jenny. (I think the kids were getting confused.) Chris is just one of the nicest, easy-goingest, good-naturediest people you'll meet. But, listen carefully when you talk to him. That sweet voice is usually slinging in a few clever good-hearted insults your way. Blink and you'll miss it with a "Wait. What?"

He's also father to two of the most adorable and brilliantly quirky children (even Oliver who is going through a weird phase of not really liking anyone but his parents.) To them he has passed down his brains, his wit and his freakish attachment to Chapstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment