Monday, November 15, 2010

Facebook Friends: Carol - Casey

Carol Floyd
Let me start off by saying that this is a horrible rendering of Carol. BUT she is always the photographer in her photos and the few I had to choose from were small and far away. Sorry Carol!!!

Carol has played three roles in my life. In high school, she was my friend, Chad's mom. In college, for a few months, she was my boyfriend's mom. Now I'm thirty and she's my personal friend. (Who I haven't caught up with recently - but still.) Carol is a strong woman and has been dealt more than her share of blows. She knows more about sufferin' than most of us, but she remains strong in faith throughout it all. Not only that, she makes her living counceling others through THEIR problems. She's always sharing so much wisdom at bible study and I am proud to call her my friend.


Carol Siegler Martin
Carol is a gorgeous girl and still looks exactly like she did in school which isn't fair because she's married with two kids. She should look AT LEAST 4 years older than she actually does. Her and I keep running into each other lately. Hmmmm. Clearly she's stalking me. The fact that she manages to stalk me on her own turf is merely a coincidence. Hopefully, she'll keep doing it even though Katie's wedding is over. Being stalked by Carol ain't so bad.


Carrie Mackintosh Kelsey
Carrie was my best friend the first several years of my life back in Gainesville, FL. Coincidentally, our mom's were best friends when they were kids, too. Both families moved away from G-ville around the same time. Hers moved to NYC so her dad could write, produce and star in the Christian musical masterpiece Upside Down. (My favorite home-movie is of Carrie and I acting out this musical in my living room wearing tutus.) My family moved to St. Louis so my dad could do whatever it is that he did with the phone company. You'd think we'd never see each other again, right? WRONG! When I was 10ish, my family made a pit-stop in Gainesville on our way down to Sanibel Island. While walking through the isles at the Kash n' Karry, who should I bump into? That's right. Carrie Mackintosh. Both our jaws dropped. She just happened to be in town visiting her Grandma. WEIRD, right?? We were able to convince her Grandma to give her up for a week so we could take her to Sanibel with us. Thank, God, because that led to the making of my second favorite home movie of all time. The pool skits. We wrote about 40 skits - all hilarious (to only us) - and all ending with one of us falling or being pushed into the pool. I remember thinking we were geniuses. My poor dad. He filmed them all. Looking at them now, I realize what a patient man my dad used to be; and also how obnoxious I was, and, lets face it, still am.

I haven't seen her since then, but she lives in Gainesville again with her husband and two adorable little kidlets. Maybe I'll see her at the Kash n' Karry next time I swing through town.


Carrie Sota
I really really like Carrie SO MUCH. Although we've known each other since high school, we haven't really gotten to know each other until recently. And JUST when it started getting good she up and moved to Chicago. Whatever, Carrie. I mean–OH! I'm so happy for you! Seriously though, Carrie is SO NICE and adorable and tiny and knows how to take a joke and make fun of herself. A quality I highly admire.


Casey Logue
Casey radiates goodness. The other half of my favorite couple in the world. The Brad and Angelina of O'Fallon. Casey is one of those people you just want to curl up and take a nap on. If people can have a warm and fuzzy aura - Casey's got that. Literally one of the finest human beings I know. Kind, generous & hilarious. And he really listens when you talk to him. You know, sometimes when you talk to people you can tell they're only half listening and half thinking of what they're going to say next. Casey is really good at making you feel like you're loved and that you matter. All that AND he's super manly and drives (or rides?) a Harley. Those guys are rare. There's nobody like Casey. I'm am actually getting a little misty just thinking about how wonderful he is.

1 comment:

  1. I just ran across your blog because you mentioned Sanibel. It is a very interesting and nice post. You have met some very special people, and it's even more special that you let them know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete