Sunday, September 2, 2012

Facebook Friends: Jeffs

You know saying a word over and over again can make it sound completely made-up and nonsensical? That's how I'm feeling about the word Jeff right now.


Jeff Bertel
I suppose I have Jeff to thank for Amy's protective older-brothering of me, and bruise pushing, and witty putdowns that are so clever you can't be mad at. He's the kind of guy that poops in the woods for fun. He also has a massive collection of fake ducks.


Jeff Cotter
My weird, wonderful, world traveling' friend.

Central Missouri State. Freshmen year. Design I. Jeff Cotter. Thank God.

My memory may be all lies, but I'm pretty sure that Jeff Cotter was my very first "art friend". Ever. Not to say I didn't have friends who were good at art in high school, but this was different. When I met Jeff, I knew I had come to the right place and that side of me that always felt different than everyone else found a kindred spirit. Both searchers, both creative, both talented, but not really sure what to do with it.

Jeff somehow knew everyone at the art center and as he introduced me around or as I name dropped him in a group of strangers, I made friends and my inner unusual blossomed.

Jeff is also the only person I know capable of the double-jointed jumprope.



Jeff Freeman

Freedog. Many of my favorite high school nights were spent hanging out at the liquor store Jeff (managed?). No, not drinking (really!), but bogarting teriyaki beef jerky in the store room with my most creative high school pals and talking with great authority about things we really didn't know anything about.


Jeff Scherr
My beloved Jong E Fong Fong. Tall, hairy, and if I were to assign senior superlatives to my friends list, this open book would most certainly get my vote for best personality. If I had to be a conjoined twin with someone, it'd be this guy, and we'd sit around watching Ren & Stimpy all day. We're not technically related, but we do share a birthday which has always given us a brother/sister bond of sorts. Maybe that's what gives us the ability to relate to each other so naturally. Great laughs and great heart to hearts.


Jeff Terbrock
Turbo is awesome, nice and funny, but no longer on Facebook. What gives?

No comments:

Post a Comment