Sunday, July 14, 2013

Facebook Friends: Jennifers

Jennifer Gronemyer
I really haven't seen Jennifer Gronemyer since high school, but back then she was SO COOL. And I don't mean that in a flippant way. She was one of those beautiful girls that could beat the shit out of someone with her eyes. She seemed so confident and self possessed and tough, so of course I was afraid of her because I was sure that someone like that would see right through me and eat me for breakfast. But, when I did get to know her sometime freshman year, shame on me,...SHE WAS SO FREAKING NICE– not to mention hilarious! Lesson learned: Don't be afraid of cool people folks. They aren't scary. Just misunderstood.




Jennifer Hunn Pagano
According to facebook, Jenny Hunn is either an immortal vampire or a part-time Indiana Joneser who discovered the fountain of youth somewhere in the wildnerness of middle Missouri. She looks exactly the same. EXACTLY. She's beautiful. The kind of beautiful that is so flawless and symetrical that she looks like she was created in Adobe Illustrator by a femme-bot developing, basement-dwelling super genius. While I'm sure that she could have had a brilliant career as a super-model, she chose instead to step behind the camera and is totally thriving with her own photography business. Check her out: JHP Photography Studio




Jennifer McMenamy Fries
JMac is just good people. through and through. She's always smiling that big beautiful effervescent smile and she's a genuine pleasure to be around. Plus, lame or not, I can always count on her to laugh at my jokes. Clearly she hates awkward silences as much as I do. She also has some weird power that I can't quite define. She once tricked me into feeling confident about wearing a bikini in public! Her clever spell only lasted a day though. 



Jennifer Myers Rechtin
Let it be known that one of the major reasons this blog has been at a standstill is because of this woman right here. As I've mentioned before, some people mean so much to me that words fail me and I get phonetically constipated. 
There's so many relationships I deeply miss from St. Louis, but there are a handful that make my chest tighten and my eyeballs drippy the minute I think about them. My friendship with JM is one of them. She started out as one of the best friends of one of my best friends, but somewhere over the years we adopted each other and now she just feels like family to me. I think that's the best word I can use. Family. People like me need people like her. She's very nurturing, dependable, kind, hardworking and devoted and will help your ass out wether you like it or not. You know, all the stuff I can't even try to fake. 



Jenny Cowart
Jenny Cowart makes me smile. She IS a smile. Thinking of her takes me back to one of my favorite seasons in the emmy-ignored series that is my life. Spending hours every week with a mad assortment of the funniest people I know at our base of operations: The Maxi-Pad. Life was pretty awesome, made so in part by Jenny and our awesome gang of misbehavin' misfits. 

1 comment:

  1. Jenny you are so talented! I had no idea you were doing this, so fun to read. Jessie

    ReplyDelete